Is this a dead project??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this a dead project??

Post  pygasos on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:40 pm

It's a wonderfull project and a same to die.
I am starting a new project based on this gui and maybe I can learn something.
Good luck maximinus and I hope you revive this project eventually
pygasos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this a dead project??

Post  maximinus on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Not quite dead, although it has had a very long rest this year.

Last spring I seriously got back into the code again, and did a lot of re-factoring. But also I had to decide where to take the game. SPQR is (or was) my first ever large scale project, and so it developed a bit of cruft along the way; and also, some of the game ideas that I originally had I have had a re-think about.

But I am once again back on the case, as SVN commits shall soon show.
maximinus
Admin

View user profile http://sourceforge.net/projects/spqr/

Back to top Go down

Post  pygasos on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:22 am

maximinus wrote:But I am once again back on the case, as SVN commits shall soon show.

I am very glad to hear this maximinus ... Last 3 months I have learned your code very well and used a lot of gui code
for my own project. Off course I am way back from your current state at 0.3.56 but I enjoyed it because 3 months back
I never had used python before. So I can't wait to see your new changes and take ideas because this is my first game ever Very Happy

As I have stated before I would love to get involved so from the things I have experimented with like hexes if you need anything
please contact me. I just want to give back something , thanks again.
pygasos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maximinus on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:49 pm

pygasos wrote:Last 3 months I have learned your code very well and used a lot of gui code
for my own project. Off course I am way back from your current state at 0.3.56 but I enjoyed it because 3 months back
I never had used python before. So I can't wait to see your new changes and take ideas because this is my first game ever Very Happy

As I have stated before I would love to get involved so from the things I have experimented with like hexes if you need anything
please contact me. I just want to give back something , thanks again.

You can always let me know if you find any bugs :-)

Seriously though, if you want to help then either I can just give you a specific task to do, or you can find your own area to work on. The latter is better though, you should always try to work on something that interests you.
maximinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pygasos on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:37 am

maximinus wrote:

You can always let me know if you find any bugs :-)

Seriously though, if you want to help then either I can just give you a specific task to do, or you can find your own area to work on. The latter is better though, you should always try to work on something that interests you.

I think that you must give me some choices and I will pick the most suited for me. That way I will be helping you with something I like( I hope ) and you would not have to put up with me for nothing. Furthermore you know where your project must go and I want to help with that not make some code that is blocking that. For example I have already made some code for path finding but I also made code to create hexes on the map surface so I wouldn't have to draw them in the jpg . That is not very compatible with your current version so if you suggest me to help you in path finding I will rewrite the code to suite your needs and we both be happy Very Happy . Email me or we must open a new topic Razz
pygasos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maximinus on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:08 pm

Find a list of topics here.

With regards to hexes and path-finding, well after a LOT of thought, I have decided that the game should be region based, i.e. no hexes. I think I'll end up using a graph library to do the path-finding because it'll just save so much work. Of course, any other input is appreciated!

Anyway, I hope you find something to match your interest Very Happy
maximinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pygasos on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:02 pm

You understand that if you keep disappearing like that it's not fun for every1 else. No fun at all in posting by myself.
At least drop a word just to say you coming soon Rolling Eyes
pygasos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maximinus on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Sorry, you need to poke me sometimes to wake me up. I tend to have bursts of activity: either I'm doing a lot or I'm doing nothing.

Right now I'm back to having some spare time, but I'm finishing off Fallout New Vegas in my spare time Embarassed

So really, next week I shall be able to look at code again Very Happy
maximinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pygasos on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:37 pm

maximinus wrote:Sorry, you need to poke me sometimes to wake me up. I tend to have bursts of activity: either I'm doing a lot or I'm doing nothing.

Right now I'm back to having some spare time, but I'm finishing off Fallout New Vegas in my spare time  Embarassed

So really, next week I shall be able to look at code again  Very Happy

I had years to get in here. Nice memories Very Happy . Anyway I officially declare the death of this project. Since I haven't heard from Max in years I hope you are ok. BB cheers
pygasos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top